Saturday, January 19, 2008

MY COMPUTER DIED!!

Just in case anyone was wondering where I'd got to, after I was determined to blog more often, well, my computer turned up its toes, so this is the first chance I've had to get back blogging.

Thanks to my darling SIL, Shane, who is a bit of a computer nut, I'm back in business.

You don't realise how much you depend on the darn things until you don't have it. even my DH said "How are you going to do the banking?" Hee hee, silly man, has he never heard of actually GOING to the bank if you simply have to. Or phone banking, which we did before computer days.

Anyhoo, Shane got it all organised for me, took me to the computer shop to buy it, then spent hours putting it all together & getting my email up & running again. What a sweetie he is for his MIL. Worst thing is, I've lost all my old emails & email addresses, so if any of you gals out there I email would like to send me you email address again, I'd be a happy chickie.

So, now I've been able to get some stuff on my ebay again, so thought you might like to have a peep at some of it & some I have yet to get listed.
This is a lovely Candelabra I've had for quite awhile, it was looking a bit sad, so I gave it a few coats of lovely fresh white paint, added the gorgeous deep pink bobeche & voila! Aren't they pretty. The lovely Saji teapot & it's creamer, which you can't see, have been listed too.

Haven't listed this lamp yet, probably next week, I'm still working on it's twin. I'd like to sell them as a pair, hopefully. Aren't the blue roses on the milkglass base gorgeous.



I refurbished this lamp ages ago, listed it twice, but no-one loved it like I do. Thought I might give it one more try. What's wrong with green anyhoo, I ask you. My DH will probably kill me for listing it, he loves it & was very happy I didn't sell it.







This is a lovely little Crown Ducal bowl, for sugar I should think, but it is just sooo pretty whatever you use it for. The leaf bowl is hand painted, pretty old & the loveliest shades of pinky-lilacs & lots of gold gilding. Very pretty.

This year I am determined to get more of my lamps on ebay, so lots of work to do, because I have quite a collection of old shades & simply gorgeous bases. Might show you them all one day soon. My DH says I could open a lamp shop (its not really that bad - lol).

Gotta run, time to cook dinner.

Glad to be back, enjoy your weekend everyone.

Hugs, Coll :-}


15 comments:

Kara said...

hey coll, how great is shane, woohoo you are back.
love the goodies
xox

cherub*wishes said...

Darn computers!!! Thank goodness for those smartie pants that put them back together for us lame-o's LOL!!! I walk around with the ugliest look on my face when mine is doing something kooky & inoperable ....
Well, thanks Miss Coll for sharing your pretty things with us... I of course love it all!!
Have a great weekend!!!
Hugs, Dionne

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Great to see you back up! How sweet of Shane to get you going! Love all your ebay pretties! Good luck with all your listings!
Barbara

Unknown said...

Hi Coll,

So glad you are back and blogging again. I hate computer issues and they are usually expensive to fix. Glad you had a handy sil to help. Love all of your pretties. Keep that computer going. :-)

Gail McCormack said...

Hi Coll
I'm a believer in things are often meant to happen, I wonder if it was meant to be your computer crashed, made you catch up with other things?? I love your ebay goodies, I'm with you what's wrong with green, I love it. Your lamps are so beautifully done, perfection plus!
Keep up the good work

Alison Gibbs said...

Welcome back Coll.
I think we all rely on our computers a bit too much. But hey lifes short lets just live it as we want.
Hope you have great Ebay sales..
Alison

Ruth Welter said...

Hi Coll, what a beautiful blog you have here. I found you through Gail McCormick's site. Just lovely items. I'll be back for another visit.

Sandra Evertson said...

Oh your photos are so Lovely!
Sandra Evertson

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Hi Coll! Quick, take your temperature!! You can't be selling all your gorgeous lamps now, can you!?!?! Just don't let my DH hear you talking, he is crazy mad at me for my addiction!!

Looks like you have some beauties to list! So glad you have your 'puter fixed now!

Big Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Wanda said...

Hi Coll, you have been missed. I can't imagine what I'd do if my computer died! I'm sure I'd find a way to fix or get another...especially since I started blogging...:)

PurpleFlowerFairy said...

hi coll, glad you're back up and running =) hugs, debbie p.s. can't wait to see more of your shades on ebay. lord knows i'm addicted - lol!

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

Hellllooo Mummy.

cant i have that blue lamp????
I NEED IT.

MWAH
me :)

cherub*wishes said...

good morning miss coll :o)
how are you? lots better now that your 'puter is up & running LOL ...
we're having a gorgeous snowy day today ... no school which extends the weekend to 4 days off ***smiles***
so i'm up early with my coffee in hand & dreading my trek to work :o( not far to go just me being a baby LoL!!
thank you for the sweet sweet compliments ... you always make my day with your visits ;o)
hugs,
dionne

Unknown said...

Hi Coll! Love the candle holder! Those crystals are so pretty, love the color!

So glad to see you back! I have missed you :)

hugs,
Amy

FrostingsNSparkles said...

LOL, Poeple actually go to the bank? What a wonderful SIL you have, and I'm suprised that Shann didn't snag those pretties from you before you had a chance to list ;)