Thursday, January 24, 2008

Some sunshine, AT LAST, gorgeous Daisies & my newly painted bedroom

Thank goodness the sun finally shone, at least in bits & pieces, for awhile yesterday & today looks a bit brighter too.
We've had so much rain my plants have developed webbed feet. For a couple of days our back garden was about 6" underwater. Being in the Blue Mountains, there is a rock shelf underground a couple of houses away from us, so all the excess water makes it's way to our place. We do have drainage in place, but we've had so much rain the ground & the drainage can't cope anymore. Hopefully, we will have some fine days, maybe a bit of sun & wind to dry it out a bit. Some of the plants have loved it, others have, unfortunately, not been so happy. The daisies, however, are looking wonderful. Divine white Shasta Daisies & dainty little blue Easter Daisies, looking so gorgeous in my blue & white kitchen.




Anyhoo, on a brighter note, my bedroom has been having a makeover, Shannon painted it last week (thanks sweetie, it looks wonderful), the most gorgeous shade of (what else) pink. I have been adding some gorgeous bits & pieces I've had stashed away waiting for the paint job. The elderly lady who owned this house used to SMOKE IN BED (ugh!!), so you can imagine what colour the walls were. Even when we cleaned them, it didn't make much difference to the colour. Good old nicotine. Imagine what it does to our insides. (Sorry to all you smokers out there, I used to be one too).






So, this is what my bedroom looks like now. Divine pink. The portrait of the Boy & Rabbit I've had for years, Shannon bought it for me for one of my birthdays about fifteen years ago. I just adore it. The simply gorgeous Victorian plaques behind my bed I bought on ebay from a lovely lady in the States, Char at fatcat25cats. My gorgeous quilt set has been stashed away for about 3 months, just waiting. I love blue, as you all know, & I thought it would be nicer, otherwise too much pink happening.

The yucky light on the wall behind the bed is going, I just bought a divine fitting from my dear
friend Debbie's (purpleflowerfairy) shoppe, which is white milkglass & porcelain roses. Can't wait to get it. And.... Shannon & I went shopping (odd that) on Tuesday & found THE most divine pale pink tulle with little sparklies all over it, just like diamonds, which i am going to buy HEAPS of & drape it (somehow) above the light & across the wall, sort of like a canopy, but not. Does that make sense? Hmmmm.
Sooo, will post some more pics when it is finally finished, but i love it already!
BTW, i know Shann told you all about our little shopping trip, buying lots of Easter Decos, so will also post some pics of them when they are up. They are all beautiful, we could have spent a fortune (well, we did spend a little bit-lol).
Have a great day everyone.
Hugs, Coll :-}














12 comments:

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

It all looks so pretty Coll!
Barbara

Unknown said...

COLL!! I am coming over and moving in! I LOVE the paint color, it is my very favorite shade of pink! And oh, those flowers, I could stare at them all day! I am just longing for spring. Daisies are one f=if my favorite flowers!

Hugs,
Amy

Katrina Chambers said...

Hi Coll, great colour in the bedroom, and great job Shannon! Can't wait to see your new light fitting. Bet you are popping in and out of the room all day admiring!!

PurpleFlowerFairy said...

ooh shannon did a fabulous job, your room looks beautiful! oh my, that lamp is going to look PERFECT there - thanks coll!!! you'll have to send me a photo once you have it up in your room =) love your bedspread and shams, sooooo pretty! hugs, debbie

Alison Gibbs said...

Look forward to seeing your bedroom once the light fitting is up and tulle draped around.How lucky are you to have a daughter who will paint your room??
Alison

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Your bedroom is soooooooo pretty!! I look forward to seeing more pictures!! :)

Anonymous said...

Coll, looks so pretty. Some pink's can be a little too pink but that shde is perfect!! WOW what a sweet gal you have there!! Shann can you do mine next?? PPWWEESSEE!! he he Looks beautiful babes what a sweet place to rest your head! Mands

Ruth Welter said...

Coll, you bedroom looks beautiful. I love the soft pink on your walls.

Wanda said...

How lovely. The vase of daisies is wonderful. And your bedroom delicious. :)

Unknown said...

Coll,

Your bedroom is lovely. I love the color but then it's about the same color as mine. I think my pink may be a little darker, more like mauve but anyway it looks great and can't wait to see it all when you have it just the way you want. And your flowers are so pretty, makes me so envious with no flowers around here right now. Take care.

cherub*wishes said...

hi miss coll ;o)
love your pretty in pink bedroom...looks scrumptious!!
nick just asked me to please paint the bathroom or he won't be asking his girlfriend over LOL!! it's not that bad really just the last person sponged painted stars allover in different colors... he probably had a couple of glasses of wine too many LOL!!

Gail McCormack said...

Hi Col, loved your bedroom makeover...it'll be fantastic once you add those little planned finishing bits and pieces. What is it about any type of daisies in a blue and white jug, so simple yet so eye catching. Look forward to seeing updated bedroom photos soon