Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My house is still a mess, but at least the roses are blooming!

Sorry I've haven't posted for awhile, but every spare minute at home I seem to be trying to put the garden back together, post flood, or I've been on the darned phone to the insurance company, the kitchen man (useless person), the insurance company, the carpet people, the insurance company, etc., etc., etc..


We still haven't had anything done, the insurance company has sacked the kitchen person they nominated, so now we are picking our own, still waiting on one more quote.


The carpet is ready to go, but we can't get that done until the new kitchen is put in, so we are still living on cruddy, cold concrete. Ugh!!!! Shannon & Sam helped me pick out the carpet last week, although I think Sam was more interested in the forklift in the warehouse (hee hee). He's such a boy! It's green! Sounds hideous? It's not really, it is the softest green you can imagine, just beautiful. I'm quite surprised, I'm not usually a green person. But it goes beautifully with pink!



Anyhoo, today after I came home from work, I was soooo depressed looking at my messy house, no pretties around, well not many, so I took a walk in the garden. The roses are enjoying the gorgeous weather, we are finally getting some Summer & it's Autumn.
I put some in my little ginger jar, which has pretty birds on it & my little bluebird thought he'd come for a visit. And don't you just love the gorgeous pink rhinestone brooch I bought last week off ebay, I've got a special project in mind for it, thanks to Nancy from Fete et Fleur.




I bought this gorgeous sparkly pink silk scarf at a local market last week. I have no idea what I'm going to do with it yet, but I'll think of something. It was too pretty to resist & only $2.



There, I feel much more cheerful now. Amazing what some "pinkness" will do for you, isn't it.



Lots of Hugs, Coll :-}

21 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh Coll, how frustrating to have all this stuff going on when all you want is your house fixed.
Hope they can get their act together soon for you.
Alison

cherub*wishes said...

hi coll,
don't be sad when it's all done you will have a gorgeous new kitchen ;o)
your pretty in pink picture is very uplifting too ;o)
thanks for stopping over & thanks for your sweet comments.
hugs,
dionne

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Coll,
Love the items - especially your roses, so pretty.
That brooch is gorgeous and I love the silk sparkle throw. I have one something like that I found for a bargain price too. I use it over my sheer lace curtains when the breeze is flowing through the house - your little find would look wonderful blowing in the breezes too!
I knew we had more than Alan in common, you anchovy lady. We'll have to get together for lunch!
xoxo~Tracie

Anonymous said...

Hi Darling Coll,

I have missed you but sounds like you have your hands full. It is the pits being in the midst of all this but the end result will be worth it. Love all your pink pretties. Hang in there, it will get better.

Hugs,
LeAnn :)

Fete et Fleur said...

Hi Coll,
I'm glad you feel better now. It really can be overwhelming when something like this happens and the people who should be helping seem to be gumming up the process. Your rooms will be beautiful when you’re done and such a pleasure to be. Your pinkness is lovely and that brooch is stunning!

Have a Beautiful Day!
Nancy

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

I am so sorry that you are having to deal with all this Coll, but hang in there sweetie!! You will have a gorgeous home again before too,too long. Your roses are beautiful and I love all of your pretty pink finds!! Especially that pink rhinestone brooch. I love brooches, broaches, well...you know!
Barbara

Wanda said...

Beautiful scarf ~~ I use them under vases, on the mantel ~~ most of my scarves never go around my neck ~~ I prefer them in my house.

PurpleFlowerFairy said...

hang in there coll! i feel your pain =) been there, done that. between the insurance company and the contractors i was ready to stomp on someone - lol! hugs, debbie

Fete et Fleur said...

I can't wait to see your bottle Coll. Please send pictures.

Hugs! Nancy

Siobhan said...

Hi Coll,
Green carpet looks wonderful in the right surroundings!!! I have green carpet myself and I think it goes well with shabby pinks and blues!!! I would not change my colour for the world. I bet you will be so happy once you get it in. Cant wait to see.

Siobhan xo

Country Wishes said...

Love the scarf and the roses are divine!!

Unknown said...

Pink always cheers me up. How frustrating about your home. Things like that can drive you batty. Hope it will work out for you soon.

Anonymous said...

beautiful!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Pink will do it every time! I hope things start running smoother for you!
Penny

Gail McCormack said...

Goodness Coll what an ordeal you're going through! Hope it all works out well in the end...what's that saying "No pain no gain"...I'm having a giveaway on my blog to celebrate my 100th post, I'd love you to enter.
On a sadder note I hope Shann's friend is doing OK...oh my goodness how sad

SHARON LUV'S SHABBY said...

Hi Coll, thanks for letting us know about Shannon's friend... She is lucky to have you through this sad time.
I know what you mean, sometimes you just need to have pretty nice things surrounding you to give you a lift.
I'm sure everything will fall into place and I can't wait to see the pics when it does.
Luv
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Ruth Welter said...

Hi Coll, I know it is rough, with the flooding that you had but take heart...you will have a beautiful kitchen when all is said and done.

In the meantime, when you feel down, take a walk in your garden and smell those roses. : )

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Stopping by to wish you a nice Easter, Coll.

You and your family are in my prayers.
xoxo~Tracie

SHARON LUV'S SHABBY said...

Hi Coll, have a HAPPY EASTER and TAG your it if you get a chance pop by my blog to grab your tag...
Luv
Sharon

Siobhan said...

Hi Coll,
Just stopping by to wish you and your family a Happy Easter.
Siobhan xo