Sunday, July 1, 2007

Why are men useless when we are sick?

I have come to the conclusion that men are unable to cope without us. Why it should have taken me so long to reach that conclusion I have no idea, one would have thought, at my age, I would have figured it out by now.

The day after our birthday, I woke up at 6.30am to the sounds of a chainsaw!! Evidently, because we have had so much rain and strong winds, one of the gum trees next door had let go and fallen across the road. Luckily, it missed houses, cars etc. Anyway, grumbling VERY LOUDLY, I marched to the kitchen in the dark and cold to make coffee, the MOTH (man of the house) still snoring loudly. Does nothing wake them? Waiting for the kettle to boil, I thought my throat felt sore. Sure enough, I had raging flu and have been in bed ever since, except for the occasional foray into the kitchen for sustenance, because of course, as I was ill, I didn't NEED anything, and, of course, to check emails, blogs etc, which we do even if we are dying.

The MOTH has been utterly useless. The following morning, waking from my deathbed, I found the house deserted. He had snuck off to work without even checking to see if I would like a cup of coffee, tablets, water to take said tablets, a gun to put me out of my misery etc....... Thank heavens I have had my Maddie dog to look after me-lol. (Seen here snoring on my bed, she's only allowed on it when I'm not well).

Today, since I have been up, I have spent all my time putting the house back in order. I guess there was a good reason why I married him, but at times like this, you wonder...........

Boy, do some mothers have a lot to answer for. Hopefully, all the mothers of today will bring their sons up to MANAGE!!

Thanks heavens he can cook a great breakfast and barbecue.


Cheers Coll :-}



8 comments:

Pam said...

Happy belated birthday and I hope you're feeling better. Thanks for your comment on my kittens!

Katrina Chambers said...

Hi! Love reading you blog (and your lovely daughters!). Not nice when the head honcho of the house is sick. I know mine would definitely fall apart!! We mothers don't have time to be sick, but if the shoe was on the other foot, it would be like attending to a child! Hope today is a better day! Regards, Katrina.

The Nostalgia Fairy said...

Hi Coll, I have just discovered your lovely blog. I'm a newbie too. I just love the pic of your sweet doggie. I recently did a post featuring my pooch too, lounging on my bed, (where he is allowed most of the time)lol. Happy blogging and I will visit again.

Lori said...

Coll, Loved the MOTH idea! And like one normally would do with a moth in the house smash it....hum...it's a though! Once I had knee surgury for torn cartilage, well my husband brought me home from the hospital, went out hunting and BOY was I mad. Couldn't walk, had no med for pain, ugh! Well he enjoyed being outdoors so much when he finally went to the pharmacy for my pain med, IT WAS CLOSED!!! Now that really sucks! So I really know how when were sick EVERYTHING GOES TO SHAMBLES! Hope you feel better, heaven knows what will happen to the house if you don't!! Lori

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

Sorry Coll I tried i really did,and failed four times,I know four more men well 3 and a teetering one on the world put out there by me unfinished.
You see i tried but they left home before they were finished and i would have made them all competent given another forty years or so I know it !
Get better soon
Jullie

Unknown said...

I tried to translate Rodrigo's blog, but not sure of the language! I have a feeling he could be advertising??I checked out his blog and website.
Sorry to hear you have been sick, men, or 'moths' dont know how to deal with illness, they never will, we just have to accept that they are 'special'!
Sue

Wanda said...

Hi Coll: Boy am I glad I stopped by your blog today...thanks for visitint mine and letting me know there are spider lillies somewhere else in the world!! Most of my commentors had never heard of then.

By the way, I'm still laughing at your post.....Oh yes, I have a MOTH too...very very similar to yours...could they be related??

Will be back you can bet on it!!

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Oh Coll, I'm so sorry you are ill. I'm zooming you hugs & good wishes for a speedy recovery!

You DO know why men are called MOTH.....because it rhymes with....SLOTH!! :0)

How far away is Shann? Maybe she could slip some hot soup under your doorstep?

Thanks for the giggles. Please feel better soon!

Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents