Friday, July 20, 2007

I'm back - and I finished my lamps



Ok, I know I haven't really been away, but I have been a bit slack at blogging lately. Shannon gave me a bit of a talking-to the other night, told me it's about time I did another blog.

I don't know where the time has been going.

Anyhow, I thought you all might like to see my new lamps. I posted my cherub one quite awhile ago, when my dear neighbour, who rewires them for me, put him back together wrong. Well, that got fixed, and after much hard work, he is now in Shannon's girlfriend's shop, hopefully to find a new home (the cherub, not my neighbour-lol).

It was very hard to part with him, because he is rather gorgeous and we have become quite fond of each other (lol). What do you think? I just love the Sugarplum Sorbet fabric, I think it is my favourite.

This other shade was just sheer hard work! Hours and hours and then, when it was almost done, I didn't like it and undid half of it and did it again. It's a really difficult shape to work with, but the results are worth the effort. I love it, and the antique base, which I bought for only $20 dollars, is just divine. It is a solid block of Alabaster on the bottom and boy, is it heavy. Don't think I'll be posting that one any where. It's the most beautiful vintage-look fabric, I bought from urbangarden on ebay in the States, she really has the loveliest fabrics and great prices.

I'm going to start work this weekend on shades for my lovely bases with the blue roses. So I think I'm going to have a busy couple of days. But might take time out tomorrow to go out for lunch with Shannon, Shane & Sam. There's a great little restaurant up in the Mountains that we like, The Wayzgoose (don't ask me why the name-lol). And maybe some of the antique shops too. Can't miss that.

Have a great weekend everyone, Hugs, Coll :-}

7 comments:

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

You know i hate you for selling that lamp dont you.
Ok then, heres the deal, i buy you lunch at the Wayzgoose tomorrow, and you give me the lamp...????
Sound good????
AWWWW C"MON !!!!!

ha ha luv ya mwah

Katrina Chambers said...

Glad you blogging again, have been checking to see what you have been doing! Really love love love that lamp!! Hope you had nice lunch, and did Shannon win the deal?? Ha!

Kathleen Grace said...

Coll, I just found your blog and your lamps are spectacular! Your garden is beautiful too. What a lovely blog and so nice to find it:>)

Wanda said...

Missed you....the lamps are so lovely. Welcome back!!

Ragged Roses said...

Those lamps are beautiful - well done you! So pretty and the shades suit their bases so well.
Kim x

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Gorgeous lamps, Coll! And I DO know my lamps!!! Ask Shann ~ I have a serious addiction there!!! The shade on the bottom one is 2die4, & you just can't beat those sweet tushyed cherubs!!

Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

The Nostalgia Fairy said...

Welcome back - your lamps are beautiful.