Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Cherubs, Roses & Birthdays

Well, as you all probably know if you've been reading Shannon's blog, it's my birthday today. Also John's (weird eh), but he's MUCH older than me (lol). I really hate birthdays now, so I just have present days. Much more fun and you don't get any older (I wish).

So far, it hasn't been the best. We were going to go out for dinner tonight, but now John has to work late, so it looks like I have to cook. Oh well, a nice roast and a glass (or three) of champagne and some strawberries should fix that one up. Also, the air conditioner man has been, now we are nice and warm again. Should hope so, after a bill for $450. OUCH!!

However, on a much happier note, my so-sweet neighbour, Jason, has come over and rewired all the lamps I have had sitting here waiting, so now I can get to work and make shades for them. Can't wait to get some gorgeous pink Ashwell roses on the blue ones. Wow!! Will post another pic when they're done. These will probably go on ebay, or maybe into Shannon's girlfriend's new shop. The pink is mine, he's not going anwhere. He's the one my dear daughter covets - lol. He's finally lit!

So that has definitely brightened up a very dull, dreary, cold & wet birthday.
Cheers, Coll :-}

10 comments:

Lori said...

Well I guess you won't be to alone! Today is my eighth wedding anniversary and my husband isn't even bringing it up and I'm not either! Ugh!! Where would we women be without our friends and bloggers?!!! How about to cheer you I send you some of our 85 degree heat and 80% humidity? Feelin warm yet? Take care sweetie, Lori

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

A Very Happy Birthday to You and John!
:)

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you & hubby, sweet Coll! Hope you had a wonderful day, whatever you did!

Shann isn't the only one coveting that cherub lamp!!! Look on my blog when you get a chance ~ I'm posting some of my fav lamps. Yours would go oh-so-nicely in my home! :0)

Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Unknown said...

A very happy birthday to you, and your hubby!
Hope you had a nice dinner, even though you had to stay home and cook!
I adore your cherub lamp too, and cant wait to see your others finished, you truly are clever...Sue

Yummers! said...

Hi Coll,
Happy Birthday to you (I'm singing it). Sorry your Present Day wasn't better... then don't count this year at all and you're suddenly the same age for another year. I love "Good Neighbors" also... have seen all of the episodes. I also love silly old "Keeping Up Appearances"... we own all those DVDs and pop them in the TV for a laugh every now and then.
Joni
PS I got your swap package to the post office last Friday... the postmaster said it would take about 2 weeks. WOW... long time!

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

Happy Birthday Possum,same day as the hubby,well my husbands and my ex husbands are on the same day.I thought it was gods way of telling me to run ! Have a lovely day ,love the lamps love em love em
Hugs
Jullie
P.S Life is uncertain
eat desert first 1

Yummers! said...

Coll,
That's OK about the swap. Just take care of yourself and get better soon.
Joni

PurpleFlowerFairy said...

be still my heart... you know i WANT all of those coll - lol!!! hugs, debbie =)

PurpleFlowerFairy said...

p.s. H*A*P*P*Y***B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y

Cherub*Kisses said...

Oh Coll!! Happy Belated Birthday!!!
Hope your day was awesome!! Hugs, Dionne