Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Camellias & Chandeliers

Firstly, I have to tell you all, I made a conscious decision today to BLOG MORE OFTEN. I have been very remiss lately (according to Shannon). Lots of reasons, moving houses at work, too tired after 24hr shifts, trouble with my knees (but that's another story I won't bore you with) etc., etc., etc.


Anyway, I shall forthwith endeavour to keep up with the rest of you gals.


Yesterday Shannon, Sam & I went for a bit of a drive into the burbs to pick up a couple of Chandeliers I bought on ebay. I paid $122 for them, which I think was a bargain price. They are quite old, "Marie Therese" style I think they were called originally, all the go again now, but I've always loved them.


These two are beauties, but absolutely FILTHY, so I have got a big job ahead to clean them up.


Think maybe they might need rewiring from the top, looks a bit dodgy, but there is NOT ONE CRYSTAL MISSING, just a couple of lose ones, which this resourceful gal can fix in no time.


Can't wait to get them back to their former glory.
So, after the big trip back to Shannon's and then back home, I was enjoying a well-earned coffee outside in the sun. My gorgeous Camellias, which are in pots near my front door, are looking sooo beautiful at the moment, especially with the afternoon sun shining on them, so I decided you might all like to see them. Pink ones, of course. We do have lots of them in the garden, but these two are my favourites. They thrive on not much, just the odd watering, and reward us every year with the most beautiful flowers and lots of them.


So, now I have to keep up the good work, so I promise to keep on blogging. Really, Shann.


Hugs, Coll :-}






12 comments:

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Oh, Coll, how pretty! Love those chandeliers. You must have been a very good girl to get TWO!!! I wish I could be there to help you polish them up, as that is one of my very favorite things to do, polish chandys & silver! Weird, huh? Where do you plan to hang them?

Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Gorgeous chandeliers!
Wow, I had to add the prisms to mine. So nice that yours were all intact!
:)

COLLS GARDEN said...

Stephanie, I haven't quite decided where to put the chandys yet. One definately in the lounge room, the other, maybe the dining room.
Coll :-}

Yummers! said...

Coll,
I still haven't gotten your matchbox from the 'Matchbox Swap'.
Joni

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Yep, lots of elbow grease. Not exactly sure what you mean about "meths" ~ you aren't considering using drugs now, are you sweet Coll?!? Seriously, I just dust thoroughly, then Windex like forever, then it will sparkle beautifully! I did read where the White House has a special chemical they just "dip" their entire chandys in, but alas we peasants must scrub! Post pics when you get them hung.

Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Kathleen Grace said...

Beautiful Cammellias! I love the old chandelliers too. I hope you show them to us with all the crystals and in place when they are done.:>)

Wanda said...

Very lovely post....missed visiting you while I was in LA. Thanks for your comments while I was gone.

Sweet Remembrance said...

The chandeliers are gorgeous!
Love them...

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Those chandeliers are scrumptious! I can just see them glisten and sparkle in your home...
Ele

Cherub*Kisses said...

Coll,
I love those Camellia plants ... how absolutely pretty!!
Hope you're having a great day!!
Hugs, Dionne

PurpleFlowerFairy said...

oh coll! i love those chandies =) hugs, debbie

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

Have been the same with my blog i do 4 posts then nothing for ages.Its life it just keeps happening to me.They look the same as my chandeliers love em to bits.Mine were a trash and treasure bargain filthy too neil was horrified,now he loves em.
Men no foresight sometimes lol