Friday, December 21, 2007

Lunch with Special Friends & My Christmas Decos


Last Thursday I had a lovely long lunch with some very special friends, Sue from Junkit Junction, Jullie from Jullie's World & my dear daughter, Shannon from Paint Mine Pink. I know you all don't need any introduction to these lovely ladies. Julles & Sue live not too far from me in the beautiful Blue Mountains, so we took the opportunity of us all having a free day to get together for a pre-Christmas lunch. I, of course, forgot my camera, so no pics, but Shannon has already posted some on her blog.


Of course, the conversation did include the fact that I have not posted for quite awhile (feeling very guilty now), so here I am again.

I have tried to get some decent pics of our Christmas Decos & lights. I'm not the best at taking night shots, but they didn't turn out too badly. Trying to get the lights in between them flickering is a bit tricky.







This is our pretty wreath (made it myself) on our front screen door.












My little Christmas tree, plus sparkly reindeer underneath.







This is our tree at night. We have a curtain of pink star lights in the window, looks amazing.







More reindeer, candle holders & a pretty sparkly sequin tree (I pinched the little pink star from Shannon, hee hee). Last year the reindeer were gold, so I painted them & added silver glitter to their antlers.









My gorgeous big papier mache reindeer (think maybe I have a thing about reindeer-lol). They used to be gold too, but have had a paint job. I think they look very pretty with their big pink bows.








This is not a very good shot of our outside lights, they look much prettier than this.Part of our (brand new) icicle lights on the guttering aren't working either, thanks to a hungry cockatoo, who decided they looked good enough to eat, so he did. Rotten bird!






Obviously this is not our decos, but some of the Agapanthus Lilies in our garden & they are very much a part of Christmas in Australia. For all you gals in the cold climates, they flower madly here this time of year & they are often referred to as Star of Bethlehem. We have hundreds in our garden & they just look amazing. Because I am a blue gal at heart, I just adore them. We have lots of white ones too.



And last, but by no means least, Christmas wouldn't be the same without the old guy with the beard around (& no Shannon, I don't mean John, hee hee). He is a lovely vintage looking Santa made of tin. Isn't he gorgeous. And my latest little sparkly silver tree, cost me all of $3 at a market stall last week. You can never have too many Christmas trees.

And I'm sorry, but I don't think blogger will let you enlarge the pics when I centre them. I had a terrible time with it today & I was lucky to get anything where I wanted it to be. aaargh!!

I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS WITH YOUR NEAREST & DEAREST. MANY BLESSINGS TO YOU ALL.

Hugs, Coll :-}

6 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Great to see you posting again Coll. I saw Shannon's post the other day about your yummy lunch.
Love the christmas deco's.
How pretty the stars look in the window. We have nearly matching paper mache reindeers. Mine have been painted white for a few years now.
Have a wonderful family christmas.
Alison

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Your Christmas decor is beautiful!! Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas!!
:)

PurpleFlowerFairy said...

yeah! good to see you blogging again!!! hugs, debbie =)

Unknown said...

Love your decor Coll! The reindeer are adorable!

Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family!

Hugs,
Amy

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

I have been checking and checking to see if you had posted! LOL! So glad to hear from you and see all your pretty decorations! I love the pink curtains and the lights and all your trees! Those Star of Bethlehem are stunning! Wishing you and your family a blessed, happy and joyous Christmas filled with lots of love and family!
Barbara
Southern Lady's Vintage

Unknown said...

So glad to see you posting and that you had a wonderful Christmas! It still funny to see it looking so warm there for Christmas. Your decorations are so pretty. Hope you have a wonderful New Years!