Saturday, April 7, 2007

More of my house


I took some more pics of my house, because my friend in Michigan, Debbie (purpleflowerfairy), wanted to see some more of my "stuff". This is my lovely old tray mobile, which I've had for years, and some of my pretties. I've had some of these trios since I was very young (a couple of centuries ago - lol), so shabby chic has always been "In" (lol). We've only been in this house not quite 2 years, so we still have lots to do. We've mostly worked on the outside, had the roof redone (it was brown), painted all the gutters etc (brown again) and replaced the garage door (MORE brown). We've also nearly killed ourselves in the garden, as the house was owned by an old lady (bit like me really) and so the garden was a jungle. Getting better though.
We have to start working on the inside this year, although Shannon did paint the kitchen cupboards (she loves painting, doesn't she-lol) when we moved in. It is still the old original kitchen, but it was in good nick and I like old kitchens, so she painted all the doors French Blue (I'm a blue girl at heart) and it's GORGEOUS. I'll get a pic done of it soon.
I painted all the sixties tiles (puke green) white and added some rosey decals and now I love it. We even painted the bench tops white. They were kinda dirty cream.
The worst thing we still have is the carpet. You'll never guess, BROWN (aargh!!). It's the bane of my life, I live with the carpet sweeper in my hand. It shows EVERY spot. It's gotta go, and soon.
The only things that look good in brown I think are chocolate and dirt (the dirt because I'm a gardener - lol).
Well, I had better leave off, I promised myself to list stuff on ebay today, so I had better get started. More pics soon, Debbie, I promise.

3 comments:

PurpleFlowerFairy said...

Yeah! Thanks for the pic!!! Can't wait to see your kitchen =) Keep posting those photos, I love 'em!!! THANK YOU, Debbie =)

PurpleFlowerFairy said...

P.S. I got so excited about your photo (LOL!) I forgot to thank you for the lovely Easter card. Mike and I have been gone ALL day junkin' and just got home. He went and grabbed the mail and when I saw a lavender envelope with an Australian post mark sticking out, I GRABBED it right out of his hands - LOL! That was sooooo sweet of you =) Hugs, Debbie

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

wow if i could break in to yours and shannons house and help myself apart from becoming a criminal i would be blissfully happy just helping myself to this (shanns lounge) and that (your traymobile) and a few other treasures.It would help my foray into the white (no pun intended) white white you and shannon have just enough more of your lovely house pics pleeeease.