Saturday, April 21, 2007

Don"t you just love Autumn days.


Isn't this a glorious time of year. I have had a few extra days off work, just to fiddle around with some ebay stuff and work in the garden. Doing lots of stuff for ebay, working on a couple of lamp orders, and tidying up outside.

I also had a little expedition through the local antique shops and found some gorgeous little items to list on ebay (I think I'm becoming an ebay addict-lol). That's them in the pic. I'll paint the tatty silver stuff. Keeping the two little cups for myself. Sooo pretty and shabby.

Also found the time to clean out my work/computer room, so I could actually WORK in it. To say it was getting a bit cluttered is putting it mildly. I did have one mishap while doing this though, knocked over a very large box FULL of packing peas. Do you know how long it takes to pick all those little bits up (lol). John came home from work last night and said "Oh, we still have a sofa in there, I though you'd sold it on ebay". Very funny. Just because it was covered with lamp shades and stuff (lol).

Mostly I've been outside, the weather has been absolutely glorious here in the Mountains and I can't stand to be inside on days like this. What a shame I have to go back to work on Monday.
I have done some work on the computer though, listed some stuff on ebay and also ordered heaps of fabrics from my favourite seller in the States, shabbyhomeshoppe. The lovely Tammy is closing her shop this weekend to look after her terminally ill father. So sad, we shall miss her. Please say a prayer for her family, she's such a lovely lady.

I bought heaps of beautiful fabrics from her, can't wait to get my hands on them and start creating some more gorgeous lamps.

John and I have decided that when my clients at work move house, as they will be doing in the very near future, I am going to cut down my work hours a little, so I will have more time to work on the things I love to do. Yippee!!

Also more time to spend with my grandkids. They are all growing up so fast, the eldest, Rebecca, started University in February (I was a child bride - lol - I'm not really THAT old).
Hugz, Coll :-}




3 comments:

Retroboutiques said...

Thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog..
Happy to see you will soon have more time for your beautiful garden!

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

wow love your little bargains and i also just posted some from my market scrounge.Aso agree about time flying my eldest son is 27 this year and my bay almost 14.
love your blog
Jullie

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

What pretty things you found! Jackpot day for you! I just noticed where one of your fav movies is GWTW! It is my all time fav, too! Do you collect any GWTW items?

Stephanie