Monday, April 16, 2007

Where does the time go?


I can't believe where the time goes. I was just talking to Shannon, telling her I must get to my blog again, it's been days. I don't know what I did with the time, apart from working a 28hr shift, coming home and catching up on my housework, washing, gardening, cooking and somewhere in between all that, working on some things to list on ebay. Ooops, maybe that's where all that time went.

I guess we all know about that, time just slips by unnoticed. I did actually stop and smell the roses though. That's the best thing about having a garden, it's where I go to escape. I can wander around, with my Maddie beside me of course (I don't dare go into the garden without her-lol) and just forget about everything.

Snip off a few deadheads, pull a couple of weeds, admire the new growth on some things or lament the fact that one of my precious plants is not looking so happy.

This is the best time of the year to be in the garden, I think. The beautiful warm days (not too hot) make you want to stay out there forever. I've got lots of bulbs ready to plant, the tulips go back in next Month. Think I'll have to get Sam back here again to help me with those, we did such a good job of it last year. I can't quite believe that was a year ago.

See what I mean about time slipping by.

Having said that, it's time for me to go to work.

DON'T FORGET TO STOP AND SMELL THE ROSES.
Coll :-}

2 comments:

PurpleFlowerFairy said...

your flowers look BEAUTIFUL!!!!! i need to "stop and smell the roses" a little more often... =) debbie

Cherub*Kisses said...

Hi Miss Coll,
I love your garden pics!!! ... so very pretty :))... I will have my first very garden in the near future & I'm so excited and a little nervous...never done a bit of gardening in my whole life LoL!!
Have a sweet day!! Dionne