Saturday, April 7, 2007

my busy week and my "bubbie dog" Maddie




This has been such a busy week, but I have actually got the whole day to myself, so I figured I would spoil myself. I am still sitting here in my dressing gown (lol) with my third cup of coffee (usually only have two) and trying to work out what the hell the weather is doing. Just did a load of washing and now I don't know whether to put it on the line or not. First it's sunny, then dark, cloudy and cold. Decisions, decisions (lol).


I've been really busy at work this week and when I was home I spent the whole of Tuesday in the garden, which has been getting quite wild after all the rain. The damn weeds grow faster than the plants. At least I had my "bubbie" to help me. She kept disappearing into the wilderness, at one stage all I could see of her was the top of her tail as she stalked all those pesky lizards (lol). Poor little lizards. I don't think she ever quite catches any though. Hope not. Poor little pet, she was quite exhausted afterwards, as you can see. She is nearly 14 years old (and deaf as a post), but you'd never know it. I think that makes her, according to the chart at the vets, about 74.
On Wednesday Shannon & Sam visited for lunch. We were going to go to the park and feed the ducks, but the weather turned lousy, again, so we bummed around at home. Sam helped me pot up some plants (well, he watched-lol) and spent the rest of his time playing with John's electric path edger (not plugged in, of course). He is fascinated with anything mechanical. Budding genius, I think.
Then it was back to work overnight Thursday, ran around like a mad thing organising and shopping for a birthday party for this weekend for one of the guys, visited my other lovely daughter Tracey after work yesterday, as it was her birthday on Thursday, then sat in the damned traffic for and hour and a half because there was an accident on the Great Western Hwy. I never understand why people rush off for the Easter holidays. Too much traffic, crazy drivers and the weather is usually lousy anyway (which it is now). I'd rather stay home and play and eat chocolate. (Hmmm, that must be a family trait).


2 comments:

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

So, what you're saying is i eat alot of chocolate mum ???????
LOL yep its genetic.

Sweet pic of Maddie, little darlin'.

xo Shann.

PurpleFlowerFairy said...

Maddie looks like a real sweetie =) You and Shannon keep enjoying your chocolate - LOL! Hugs, Debbie