Thursday, April 12, 2007

New Lamps



Well, I have decided, after much tearing out of hair and throwing things about (lol), that I will NEVER attempt to cover a fluted lampshade again. What a nightmare. It was bad enough trying to work the circumference of a circle (yes, it's been a long time since I went to school - lol) and then having to cut the fabric EXACTLY, but then the damn stuff wouldn't stick. I bought the lamps from the US and I have no idea what the shades are made of, something weird obviously, but three different glues later I think (fingers crossed - lol) it works. Time will tell. I'll probably get up in the morning and they will have fallen to bits. AAAARGH !!!!! Pic is shade half finished, just holding together, so don't judge it too harshly.

I just love the itsy bitsy roses on the fabric, which I bought from the lovely Tammy at ShabbyHomeShoppe on ebay. Have to buy more fabrics from her real soon, as she is closing her shop until next year. DISASTER!! Sooo hard to get all the Rachel Ashwell fabrics elsewhere.

Apart from that, it's been a busy day, painting some old picture frames to put some pretty fabrics in, a bit of gardening in between and a bit of sitting in the sun with the dogs (lol). Gotta have some relaxation.

I hope you all had a lovely Easter and didn't eat toooo much choccy. My Easter Bunny (hmmm, he looks more like Santa, beard and all - lol) brought me breakfast in bed. I'm still wondering what he's done wrong - lol.

The other pic is part of our loungeroom. I just love our new loose covers and yes, I am just as anal as Shannon about the cushions. I make John move them all up before he sits down, because he sits ON them. Grrr.

Hugz Coll :-}

ps: I haven't quite figured out how to get the pics where I want them to be yet. Must talk to Shann about that one. :-}


7 comments:

PurpleFlowerFairy said...

Yeah! You've posted more pictures. I can NEVER get enough of those =) I love that lamp shade you're covering. We have lots of those here. The ones we have are made out of a hard plastic and usually have lace over them, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE what you've done with it. I was thinking about asking you to make me one until I got to the part where you said they were a pain in butt - LOL! Hugs, Debbie

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

That lampshade is gorgeous!!
:)

Retroboutiques said...

Love the lamp!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

What a sofa!!!!!! I adore that fabric.

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

the couch oh to die for
i adore it,i love it .
Lampshade is superb you are too clever,
:-}Jullie

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

the couch oh to die for
i adore it,i love it .
Lampshade is superb you are too clever,
:-}Jullie

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful Coll!! I love the lamp and the sofa!! What gorgeous fabrics!

Thank you so much for the comment on my wedding! That was soo sweet of you! I think my boys are pretty gorgeous too :) Even the big ones, lol! And the cake was so yummy. I wish I could have a piece of wedding cake right now!

I checked out Jullie's site! I love it too, what a neat header! Dont you justlove knowing people with computer skills?

Hugs,
Amy