Monday, October 15, 2007

Been MIA, but I'm back

Okey, a short explanation as to why I've been MIA for the past month or so. I have osteo-arthritis in both my knees, which has now become severe, to the point where I have to have surgery (eventually). AND I HATE HOSPITALS WITH A PASSION. I've never had anything much wrong with me, so this past month or so has been a bit difficult, coping with the pain (not well), the drugs (hee hee) the doc has me on, which send me to la la land & make me sooo tired I don't want to do anthing at all. Then I can't sleep properly because of the pain - vicious circle eh. Then, to top it all off, John (my DH) had to have surgery on HIS left knee due to a fall at work (nope, he wasn't drunk, even though he works in the liquor industry-lol). He is improving & is back at work now.
So, all in all, it's been a crummy month, but hopefully things will improve. Now have to join the you beaut top-of-the-list (and price) Health Fund and wait 12 months for surgery, or cough up $24,000. Yep folks, that's what it costs to get 2 new half-knees. On the bright side, I have 12 months to convince myself that this is what I have to do.
In the meantime, on good days I'm good and on bad days I'll just hibernate-lol. If I go missing again, you'll know why.
So, enough of that.
At the end of last week I received a HUGE parcel from Lori of Pink Faded Roses, my "Cotton and Candy Swap" had arrived!!! Yay!! You have no idea how excited I was. Presents, just the drug I needed. This huge box arrived, decorated with the most gorgeous pink roses. Yep, I'm keeping them, Lori.
Inside were all the most amazing things, all wrapped soooo beautifully, my pics don't do them justice. It was getting kinda late in the day and the light was bad, so the pics are not what they should be. Johnthought I was nuts taking all the pics, but it was just like Christmas!! Lori, to say you outdid yourself is an understatement. This was sooo worth waiting for, I love every bit of it.



A gorgeous little gift bag with the sweetest card inside. I just loooove these teapots, don't you.

And just look at how beautifully all my pressies are wrapped. Sweetest little tags on everything too. (That's my DH lurking in the background, he kinda likes candy. Fat chance).

















This is sooo very gorgeous and obviously made by hand by Lori. Gorgeous old buttons, decoupaged dresses & the sweetest lil cherub you ever did see. And inside the box, another surprise, wrapped in the most gorgeous gold cherub paper, this lovely plate is now hanging on one of my pretty shabby shelves. Thank you Lori, I will treasure this always. How clever you are.

























A gorgeous tablecloth, the most divine pinks. It's on my dining table already. Also a replica vintage Whitman's chocolates tin, a sweet cupcake box full of the yummy things for making cupcakes, like little flowers for decos, colourings, cupcake papers, plus a pretty hand crocheted jug cover, a Hershey Kisses pot holder & some candy bars (yum), a sweet basket with licorice allsorts and the prettiest Milkglass Candy Dish you ever did see. I just love Milkglass, how did clever Lori know that? And last, but by no means least, a box of Chocolate Turtles from the South Bend Chocolate Company. To-die-4!













I think the pics are a bit all over the place, I hope they are all there and you can see just how gogeous everything is. Thank you soooo much Lori, I love it.






Hugs, Coll :-}



12 comments:

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

Whats this!!! You ARE still alive!!! Well i thought i was gonna have to go out and get myself a new Mum, ugh dont much like the thought of that.
Aint that Lori somethin' ! She's a doll. Umm but i dont belive i got one of your Chocolate Turtles... hmmm???? Please explain.

xxoo
MWAH

COLLS GARDEN said...

Ha, sorry about the Turtles. Too good for kids.
XO

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Lori is just simply the greatest friend. And obviously the greatest swap partner, too! Coll, you got some wonderful goodies there. I'm so glad you are back!

Hop back over to my blog & check out some of my girlfriends ~ I just did a new post!

Love ya,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Katrina Chambers said...

Wow, look at your goodies!! So lucky. I hope you didn't share haha!! Hope you feeling better soon too :)

Alison Gibbs said...

Good to have you back. You did get some great goodies from Lori.Take care.
Alison

Unknown said...

Coll! I have been so worried and wondering where you are! I was so happy to see a comment from you in my inbox this morning! I am so sorry you have been in so much pain!!! I hope things get better for you and you arent hurting so much!!

Oh I just love everything you got from sweet Lori! She is just the sweetest person isnt she? She goes all out for those she cares about :)

Love ya,
Amy

Unknown said...

Glad to see you are back!! I feel the pain you are in, and I hope it eases off for a while, 12 months is a long time to wait,$24,000??
You are soo spoilt, but it's wonderful what a few gifts can do...
Sue

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

I have missed you...I am so glad to see your smiling face again!

Pass the choclates please! lol

Wow those are some wonderful prezzies from Miss Lori....she really spoiled you did'nt she!
Oh La la!!!!!

I am glad you are back and up to chatting with us again!

Hugz, Dolly

Sharon said...

What a wonderful gift you received. I will have to get in to a swap some day. Love every thing and it had to be so much fun to open.

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Welcome back; I'm so sorry you've been having pain. Wishing you brighter days ahead!
The pretties are all wonderful; Lori is a doll!
:)

Alicia ~ Time Worn Style said...

Coll, thanks for visiting my blog it was lovely to hear from you. Sorry to hear you've not been well, but real glad that lovely box of goodies cheered you up!
Alicia

Lori said...

Coll, Well I'm glad you liked everything! Yep, those turtles are great! Hope the all- sorts were alll-right! I had a wicked time finding them and would have preferred a better brand! Guesss the turtles made up for it! The white and floral piece is actually a doily to put underthings but hey do what catches your creative side with it! I guess you missed it but this past Jan. i had a total knee replacement. The hospital bill including the knee was $49,000.00, the doctor bill was almost $7000.00 and anesthisia was $3000.00! If you want to know more email me! Well glad you recieved everything and keep in touch! Love, Lori