Saturday, October 27, 2007

Vinnie's Sale & some great buys

Shannon & I went to the Vinnie's sale this morning. Tracey, my eldest daughter, came along later & conned Mum into buying her some stuff too - lol. Vinnies only have this sale once every 6 months, so we get all excited the week before, wondering what bargains we'll find. Well, we weren't disappointed. Shannon got some great things she will work her magic on, with some paint & her beautiful roses & also bought herself some pretties for her house. As we know, you can never have too many pretties.
I also bought some pretty bits for myself, but mostly things to put on ebay.
Two pair of beautiful old silver candelabra, a couple of really pretty tins for my kitchen, the most gorgeous heavily embossed silver dresser set, mirror, comb & brush, just exquisite. The sweetest little tea set with pink roses & blue edging, two so pretty cups & saucers with pink roses (anyone would think I had a thing for pink roses), a pair of bunny s & p shakers (Amy, you'd love'em) & two vintage talc tins with pretty country scenes, for my bathroom. Also a white Marcella Q. Size Doona cover, white Damask large tablecloth with a rose pattern & a round crocheted white cloth. The linen has some stains, but a good soak in the old Sard's Eucalyptus and they will be better than new.




But the best of all was this fabulous, beautiful, divine vintage piano stool, covered in gorgeous pink velvet, which only cost me $15. There is some wear to the velvet (from years of bums, I guess - lol), but who cares. I may re-cover it, don't quite know yet. I'll wait & find out what my DH thinks first, he's gonna love it. What do you think?

Actually, Shannon is not quite talking to me yet, because I found it before she did - hee hee. (Just kiddin, sweetie).
Ok, now that I have spent all that money, I'd better get some photos done for ebay & get some of it back.


Hugs, Coll :-}




14 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Coll! You found some gorgeous things! Isnt it so much fun to "hunt" for goodies? I love it and could go every day!

Love ya,
amy

Sharon said...

I love the tea set and the bench. The pink velvet is perfect as is. Don't you just love those wonderful finds?

Gail McCormack said...

You did have a wonderful morning Coll, the stool is lovely as is for now I think, look forward to seeing some on ebay

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Great finds!
I especially like the blue-rimmed tea set!
Sweet!
:)

Unknown said...

Hi Coll,

Thanks so much for visiting me and I will for sure be back to visit you. You guys look like you had a successful trip! Fun.

Beverley Wainwright said...

Hey Coll,

I love the stool its fab - just my colour and style - what a find.
Hope your well.

love bev xx

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Beautiful finds, Coll! Yep, I would have bet Shann would have raced you for that pretty bench!

Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Kara said...

oh looks like you had a fun trip to the sale too, how yummy is that pink velvet, shame its worn.
Love the candelbra's as well very regal.
Thanks for sharing adn glad you had a great Halloween at Shannon's
Kara
xxxx

Cherub*Kisses said...

Oh my ....!!! Love that bench :):):)
Hi Miss Coll ... how are you??
Your goodies look oh soo um good!!
LoL!!
Have an awesome day!
Hugs, Dionne

FrostingsNSparkles said...

Fabulous stash!! I bet you guys had the most wonderful time!

Sharon said...

I love every thing but the piana stool in pink is wonderful. I would say you did very good at the sale.

Siobhan said...

I love all your finds Coll...you are so lucky!

Unknown said...

Im so jealous! You didnt tell me about this! You found some wonderful specials.I think it's time for another blog, come on...
Sue

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

Bugga i ahd to go to a party and missed it,otherwise quite frankly you and shann wouldnt have stood a chance.I know from last time riot gear and a taser gun are the only things to combat that sale with.Good bargains love that pink tin lol