Friday, October 19, 2007

A walk in the garden


It has been a pretty quite few days, apart from visiting Shannon & Sam and helping with the Halloween decos. The old knees have made me take it easy, so I've been pottering around, doing some tidying up (Spring fever - lol) & pulling out the odd weed in the garden. From a standing position, it ain't easy gals.
Anyway, grab a cuppa & come for a walk with me.
Considering we've had NO RAIN forever, the garden is coping reasonably well, although some things just refuse to come out of hibernation. My Easter Daisies, which are normally pushing their way up by now, are just sitting there.
However, lots of things are well established, so they are still doing their thing, with a little help from the times we are allowed to water by hand.
My Wisteria was glorious, until those pesky Crimson Rosella's got hold of it. C'mon guys, let me enjoy it for a little while, pleeeese. Does anyone know a way (harmless, of course) to keep them off the flowers?
And don't you just love the border of Forget-Me-Nots. We had a few in the garden when we bought this house and,


of course, me being basically a "blue" girl, I spread the seeds everywhere. Now they do it all on their own. Divine.
Hope you all enjoyed the little walk.
Hugs, Coll :-}
PS. eeek!! I have tried everything to move the pics, it is just not happening today. Sometimes this blog thing has a mind of it's own. :-}

7 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Love the wisteria and the forgetmenots.

Lori said...

Coll, Great to see some color! Over where I live everything is dying for the season! And yuck the icky part to trim and clean up the beds! I'll apreciate your garden since mine is going to sleep till Spring! Love, Lori P.S. Is Shannon making you wear a costume??? You should contact some one to photo Shannon's American Halloween!!! LOL

Unknown said...

Oh Coll! You are so lucky to be in spring!! You would not believe how ugly it is here right now! So grey and rainy. Your garden is gorgeous and I am so jealous!! ENJOY IT~~I know I would be!!

Hugs,
Amy

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Oh Colleen! Your garden looks so lovely!! Enjoy it! And I hope you and Shannon & Sam have a great time with Halloween!!
Barbara

Siobhan said...

Hello Collene,

Thanks for the visit to my blog and your comments.

I just love your garden...I am so big with gardening at the moment...LOVE my roses too!!!

Your Wisteria and Forget-Me-Knots and beauitful!!!

Siobhan :)

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

Oh Coll your garden is wonderful!
I love wisteria!

Thanks for shareing!
Hugz, Dolly

Cherub*Kisses said...

Thanks for sharing ... loved my garden walk this morning :)
Hugs, D.