Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The mess continues, Easter goodies & vintage mug swap

Well, the mess from our little flood is still with us, after almost three weeks. We've been measured for new carpet, I think I've picked out something I like (not sure, can't I have pink), we've picked out timber for the floors in the kitchen & family area, which we've been told is going to cost twice as much as the carpet!! Heaven only knows why.

The guy came today to finalise measurements for the kitchen & bring colour samples for the cupboards. I don't like any of them!! I want dusty rose pink benchtops!! He thought I was quite mad. How can they make sooo many colours & they're all yucky? Also, when I told him we had decided to put in a dishwasher & replace the oven & cooktop as well, it seemed to be a really big deal. Good grief! They have to change all their measurements (boo hoo). As someone close to me says (who you all know), "put on your big girl panties & get over it". Work round it guys, it's my kitchen & I'm the one working & living in the mess.

Oh well, at least the insurance company has been helpful, even if the tradespeople aren't.

I've been talking to a very sweet young lady at NRMA Insurance, I gave her the "poor old lady with arthritic knees" story & she was putty in my hands. She must have a nice Grandma - hee hee.

Anyhoo, enough whingeing!! Some sweet, happy stuff!!

I bought some gorgeous Easter bits & pieces on the weekend while I was out shopping with my clients (I WAS working, really I was). A bag of crystal glass eggs, proper egg-size glittery eggs with chooks on & pink ribbons to hang them by & shrink wrap thingys for real eggs. Apparently you put them on an egg, lower it into boiling water for 3 seconds & it wraps itself around the egg. I'll let you know if it works. Aren't they all just so pretty. I think I should start Easter decorating now , it might make this messy house look a bit prettier. Just gotta remember where I stashed the rest of my Easter goodies (lol).



Also, on Saturday, my parcel arrived from Rachel, my swap partner from Purple Flower's Fairy's (Debbie) Vintage Mug Swap. Such a boxfull of the prettiest things, I don't know where to begin.

The sweetest vintage mug, filled with vintage laces, buttons, pearls, vintage wooden pegs, old rhinestone jewellery, hankies, a lovely embroidered crinoline lady heart, just to mention a few. A lovely old key, shabbied & with a pretty pink bow added, some smaller keys AND the most gorgeous little plate, wrapped in a vintage hanky.









But I think my favourite is the little blue bird, & after looking at Amy's (Bunny Rose Cottage) blog, I know exactly where he is going. Thank you soooo much Rachel, it is all just beautiful, I can't thank you enough. You somehow got everything exactly right, all the things I love. I hope you will love yours too.


Before I go, here's a couple of things on my ebay this week. Finally got to list that gorgeous French lady you liked Stephanie.




Isn't that gown just the most divine thing. She's on artist's canvas, ready to hang & is quite a good size.






A cute little Chocolat metal sign for your kitchen.







Another gorgeous sign, metal also. I am just lovin' the shabby vintage French thingy at the moment, I think my house might be getting a bit of a makeover when the mess is finished with.


Hugs to you all, Coll :-}








11 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

It will be worth all the stress once the house has been fixed up. Just like a new House!! yay.
Lots of pretty easter goodies.
What beautiful Swap things you got. Love that mug.
Alison

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Thought your photos of the pretty things..so nice.Looks like you will really be changing up the look of the house.Shame about the wet.Hope not too many of your pretty things damaged.

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Love the shabby vintage french sign!

You've got some lovely swap items there too.

~Tracie

Miss Rhea said...

What great swap items !! :) I love the little birdie too. :) What a lovely blog you have !!!

Country Wishes said...

Ohhhh lovely swap things...
Xcherrie

Ruth Welter said...

Hi Coll, lots of beautiful eye candy in your post. : ) Love your swap items, what a very nice and I'm sure welcome surprise that was in your mailbox.

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

So sorry you are still having to deal with the mess from the water, but just keep thinking about how beautiful it will be with all you new things! I love all your swap goodies and your pretty ebay things, especially the signs! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog!
Barbara

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

I bet you had fun opening all those pretties! Amazing stuff...how fun! The spring colors are so pretty and for some of us "over here" we are waiting for spring to come! I also wish shipping was less. There are so many pretties I would love to have from some wonderful artists/crafters.

Sandra Evertson said...

Love the beautiful signs and Gorgeous lamps below!
Sandra Evertson

Unknown said...

Hi Coll,

Just love all of your pretty things you got. Hope your home will be done soon, it'll all be worth it in the end. And I think I am going out tomorrow and look for some Easter pretties, all of yours make me want some. LOL Last year I seen a fake chocolate Easter bunny and didn't get him, now I wish I would have.

Deb said...

Hi Coll,
Sorry to hear you are still putting up with all the wet, but it will all be worth it once you have all your new goodies. Love the new things you got.
Take Care.
Deb