Tuesday, February 12, 2008

YOU SIMPLY CANNOT BELIEVE HOW BAD WET, MUDDY CARPET SMELLS!!!

First, I have to say thanks to all the lovely gals who commented on my last post. It's soooo nice to know that all you gals sympathise & not only that, that lots of you have been through the same thing. Not that I would wish it on anyone, you know, but at least we're not alone - lol.
Really, you gotta laugh, or you cry. Although, Shann tells me I did lock myself in my bedroom at one stage (hee hee).
And yes, boy does it STINK!!!! The morning after it was starting to smell, & by the next morning it was absolutely RANK!!!!
Thank God the men came & ripped it up that afternoon.
My house now, however, looks like we just moved in. All my pretties are packed away, lots of them in my computer/workroom, so that I just have a little pathway to the computer - lol.
Now we just have concrete (yuk, yuk & yuk) & it's been quite cool here, so I have taken to wearing my winter slippers & IT'S THE MIDDLE OF SUMMER!!
And this is my house now. I don't think I can stand it without all my pretty things around, I'm having withdrawals already! In fact, it's so bad, I had to go shopping with Shann after work today to buy some stuff to cheer me up (hee hee).

Poor little Maddie is exhausted from all the activity.
I kept my gorgeous Cherub & Roses lamp out, I need something pink & pretty to keep me smiling. Shann wanted to take him home with her "just to look after him" but I'm not that stooopid!
Mind you, it will be quite exciting when it's all done. New carpet & a new kitchen, who knows where it might lead. Of course, the curtains in the family area will just have to go & the wall colour, well, that won't go with anything. Hey Shann, better get those paintbrushes out again!!!


Hugs, Coll :-}

(aarrgghh!! Blogger will not leave my pics where I want them. Grrr).


16 comments:

Katrina Chambers said...

Hi Coll, I have just popped over to your blog and have just seen all the water in your lovely house! Oh no, you poor thing!! I am glad it has worked out in your favour though :). Bet you will have a great time choosing all the new carpet and kitchen bits. I can only imagine the smell! Hope your bedroom is away from it all, so you don't lay awake at night with the smell.

Have a great afternoon,
Katrina :)

PurpleFlowerFairy said...

you're getting closer to NEW CARPET - YEAH!!! just think in no time at all your house is going to more gorgeous than ever before. hang in there! hugs, debbie

Anonymous said...

Hi Coll,
So sorry about all the water damage, that is definitely the pits, but on the flip side it's like starting over again decorating and we can never get enough of that can we?? I can't wait to see the results!! If I was there, I'd help you.....

Hugs,
LeAnn :)

Gail McCormack said...

Poor you Coll, the worst thing is you hadn't planned to pack everything up, at least when you know you're moving you can organise yourself before hand. I can imagine the smell...puke It'll be all worth it soon....trust me, hang in there! I'll have some more bathroom prints, just yell out when you're ready and I can do one for you.

I just had another thought, thank your lucky stars the water didn't damage your electrical appliances, imagine being without your computer again, that would have been the last straw I think!

Wanda said...

Hey, you look like you are moving with me!! Love you hat boxes too.

Just think how great it is going to be when this is all over!!

LOL:)

Siobhan said...

Hi Coll,

I am so sorry to hear of your drama with the flood! Not good news at all!!!

Well, at least you are getting that carpet you wanted and a new kitchen :)

Siobhan xo

p.s. the rose on my blog is called 'pierre de ronsard rose'

Alison Gibbs said...

Hi Coll, thank goodness the smelly carpet got pulled out. Now the fun begins - new carpet , new kitchen and painting. A fresh new start. Seems a bit like moving house.
Alison

Barbara Jacksier said...

Poor poor house.And poor you. Perhaps, if you focus on getting the new carpet it will seem a little less awful.
Barbara

Unknown said...

Hi Coll,

I do remember that smell, it is nasty. Poor thing! Can you open some windows or is it really hot there right now? Just keep thinking how pretty it's going to look when it's finished.

COLLS GARDEN said...

Thanks so much girls. I am focusing on the lovely new carpet I'm gonna have, wonder do they have pink? We have been running the air & opening windows & thankfully the smell is pretty much gone.
Hugs, Coll :-}

Kara said...

OH MY GOD COLL - I can't believe whats happened to such a sweet lasy and her scrummy home.
Oh my love is with you sweetie.
Isn't little Sam such a treasure I have told shann he can come stay with me. lol
love ya
kara
xx

Unknown said...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Coll, but there is still more rain to come, they say until June!! So get out there and start digging a trench, so it doesnt ruin your new carpet!!
My studio has that nice aroma also, and hopefully my carpet will be replaced soon, I just have to fix the drainage problem first!It's funny how everything needs to change after new carpet, the paint ,the decor, curtains....what fun!
Sue

Ruth Welter said...

Ow Coll, sorry to hear about your soggy carpet, that is the worst, floods are horrible.

Peta said...

So sorry to hear about your flood Coll but at least you get rid of that yucky brown carpet!

Anonymous said...

Coll, you poor thing, how yukky to be putting up with that!! EEWW!! Just think you will soon have fresh new soft carpet YAY!! hugs babes

Secondhandrose said...

I have space for the roses lamp! I'll "store" it for you . he-he. Come for a visit.
Karen
New carpet yeah!