Friday, February 15, 2008

My Lamps are Back!!

I made a conscious decision this year (nope, not a New Year's resolution, I always break them), to get back to doing what I love to do, and that's refurbishing vintage lamps.


I kinda got a bit sidetracked for awhile, I guess because it get's sooo hard to sell on ebay sometimes, when there are so many other creative people out there.


It gets very disheartening when you know that your lamps are gorgeous and made with lots of love, not to mention hours. But, as another lovely lamp maker on ebay said to me, you gotta hang in there.


Don't get me wrong, I still love junkin' & looking out for pretty treasures for ebay ( & me), like vintage china, linens & stuff, but my lamps are what got me started on ebay & what I really enjoy doing.


I've also decided to do some more of the "crafty" things I used to do, seems like years ago. All sorts of stuff, photo albums, journals, frames & things & I don't think I've forgotten how. Bit like riding a bike, isn't it. You soon remember once you're up. So, hopefully, there will be a few more of my creations (time permitting) turning up. Having a job really does interfer with creating, doesn't it (lol).


Anyhoo, here is the pair of lamps I finally got listed this week. One has been finished for awhile & I just kept putting off doing the other one.




Rachel Ashwell roses, what more could a girl want. (Thanks for the great pics Shann)






Aren't those blue roses just dreamy.




This divine sugar bowl, which I'm sure just has to be Bavarian, has been listed too. I almost kept this one.



Gorgeous Shabby French Chic sign, on tin. I kinda like the Paris thing, don't you.

Two beautiful Victorian bone dishes. All that lovely gilding & just enough wear to make them sooo prettily shabby. Could be used for all sorts of things, trinkets, soaps, candy etc..

So, as you can see, I will still have lots of other pretties. In fact, I did some junkin' today on the way home from work, bought some lovely vintage linens. I'll show you next time.

Hugs, Coll :-}

PS: my boy's back home, I'm sure he's grown an inch or two (hee hee).

18 comments:

Gail McCormack said...

You're sounding happy again, must be because you're little man's back. Love your lamps Coll, I hate doing anything in pairs, your ebay goodies are just lovely, hang in there, it does get disheartening at times, seems to be a process we all have to go through when selling, I sometimes wonder if a fulltime normal job would be easier??

kari and kijsa said...

Can't wait to see more lamps!

**Shhhh!**
You are invited to a SURPRISE BLOGGY BIRTHDAY PARTY for kari this Wednesday, Feb 20.
She is turning 40!!!

I would love for you to stop by the party on Wednesday to surprise (hopefully!) the birthday girl, enjoy a bite of cake, sprinkle a little of your magic birthday dust, and check out the party favor giveaway!

blessings,
kijsa

Alison Gibbs said...

Hi Coll,
What beautiful lamps. Good luck with Ebay.
Alison

COLLS GARDEN said...

Gail, I have a fulltime (though probably not normal) job too. I would much rather be doing my "stuff" at home, even though I love my job & my clients. But, bills to pay (lol). And yes, I hate doing pairs too, I bought those gorgeous bases as a pair &...you know.
Coll :-}

Country Wishes said...

Love the lamps!! Love those victorian bone dishes too, great shape and so pretty..

Unknown said...

Oh COLL!!!!!! EVERYTHING here is just STUNNING!!!!!! OH, the soft beautiful colors, I adore it all! You lucky girl!

Love ya,
Amy

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I love refurbishing lamps too! Yours are beautiful!! I am glad you are doing it again!

Penny

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Your lamps are beautiful!! You are so talented Coll! And I love all your other pretties too! Good luck back on Ebay!
Barbara

Siobhan said...

Hello, so glad to hear you are happy with your family returning home from their holiday!

Your lamps look lovely as do your ebay treasures!

Siobhan xo

Unknown said...

Love the lamps Colleen, keep it up!!
Sue

Anonymous said...

lovely!

Ruth Welter said...

Hi Coll, the lamps are gorgeous. Love the roses. Ebay is very frustrating, I hear ya there. But these are just beautiful so hang in there, they will sell.

Unknown said...

Hi Coll,

Your lamps are lovely! And I love all of your other goodies too. Have a great weekend!

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

ahh but see, those lamps are at MY HOUSE NOW...HAA HAAA HAAA (insert evil witches cackle)

Mummsy come over to my blog...theres something there for you.

xo

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Coll,
So glad to meet you through your pink daughter, Shann!

I've got something for you at the end of my post for the weekend! Nothing fancy, just cozy with the initials A.R.!

Happy day!
xo~Tracie

Wanda said...

Wow, everything is so beautiful, and the lamps - great!!
Such a lovely pick post...I always enjoy it!

Kara said...

oh Coll, all I can say is wow, as I say to shann I wish postage was not so high from Aussie cause your lamps would be filling my home, how clever are you, can see where miss shan gets it from, can't wait to see all other gorgeousness you are going to be doing good for you.
kara
xxx

Fete et Fleur said...

These lamps are gorgeous Coll! I've been having fun perusing your older posts.

Hugs! Nancy