Thursday, June 21, 2007

Boy, it's cold


I've been a bit slack in the blog department, but I've been very busy making lampshades and it's also cold in my computer room - the air conditioning doesn't seem to want to work in here at the moment. Yesterday I did some ebay stuff with MITTENS on - lol. At least it kept my fingers warm, my "mouse" hand was freezing.

We had snow further up the Mountains two days ago, and this morning the wind was like ice, just cut straight through you, so I'm afraid I haven't been out of the house much for the last two days, so my days off work have been busy inside, no gardening I'm afraid.

But there are still some pretty things happening in the garden, even with this cold. I'm not a fan of Orange as a colour, but there is a patch of Red Hot Pokers in my garden which really do brighten up a cold day, and besides, the birds love them.

The parrots are still visiting too, in fact, I think some more have moved into the neighbourhood. Yesterday I counted 12 Crimson Rosellas just out from the back Patio, eating grass seeds, but as soon as I tried to creep out to take a pic, they took fright and flew off. Maybe next time.
Hugs, Coll :-}

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Colleen I have that problem too! I wear gloves, scarf,hat and a big coat,as my little aircon doesnt seem to do the job! And when Im painting, well I must look a sight!
I have been busy organising , well moving things from one spot to another trying to get my verandah back.I came home from fossicking yesterday, and my hubby gave me the " dont you dare bring those up to the verandah" stare! So they are out in the weather, I hope it doesnt rain today! He is sooo tough!I will get blogging soon,Sue

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

Here was i just popping in to say how slack you have been blogging and,low and behold an update.Freezing i totally agree,i slept in a beanie last night (how romantic I hear you say)You must come visit me someday in the real world i mean not blogland
when its a little warmer perhaps!
Hugs
Jullie

Genevieve said...

Hello Colleen, I just wanted to wish you a very Happy Birthday,I know I am a little early, but we will be out of town tomorrow so I wanted to slip it in today!
I hope that you have a wonderful day!