Sunday, June 10, 2007

Well, didn't it rain children, rained all the time.


Well, like I said, it rained, and rained, and rained. The drought is broken, at least in my part of the world. I came home from work today, after a 24hr shift, and the place is awash. We have a small river running past the front of our house, given that we live in the Blue Mountains and it's all downhill.

There has been so much rain, sadly 7 people have lost their lives in NSW due to flash floods, and much damage has been done. Different picture from a state that has been ravaged by drought in the last few years, although I think some parts of our state are still not getting any rain. Go figure. Such a vast land Australia, and so much of it so different to where we are. My heart goes out to the people who are not receiving the much needed water. I watch it run away and wish that it could go to those who need it most.

My heart also goes to Amy (foursistersinacottage), her family and friends. Our prayers go with you all. Please send your prayers to her.

Coll :-}

1 comment:

thevintageboquet said...

Thanks Coll for the kind comments..my blog is so..new..
I did well today on purging the 'junkies' from my carport..we have a good 'outside' day but just in time put this up (donated the leftovers)..It is starting to storm here..It sounds like you are getting a much needed drenching in your area..I'm sorry for the lives that have been trajicly taken!
Visit me again when you can..Deb