Saturday, June 2, 2007

My Gorgeous "whatever-it-is" & new lamp


Last week I had to go pick up an ebay purchase (an old lamp, of course) and while I was at this lady's house she commented that she still had some things left that hadn't sold on ebay. She's moving into a smaller home and has been selling off lots of "stuff". She asked me if I would like to take a look and of course, being a bargain hunter, as we all are, I naturally said yes.

I found this absolutely divine "whatever". It's meant to be scales, of course, but purely for decoration, so I don't really know what to call it, except GORGEOUS!!

I couldn't believe my luck and couldn't understand why no-one bought it. I know it's not of any particular use, but most of my things aren't, they're just to look at and admire. I know we all have LOTS of stuff like that.

Anyway, this lady just wanted to get rid of it and said I could have it for $20. Almost passed out. I grabbed it and ran-lol. It is now residing in the centre of my dining room table and looks most impressive. Wouldn't the centre make a wonderful lamp base-lol. John has threatened me not to touch it, he says we have enough lamps. Still........

Hugz, Coll :-}

6 comments:

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

And yes it gets left to me in your Will.
Doesnt it, mummy dearest that i love soooooo much.
LOL
xxoo

Cherub*Kisses said...

Can you adopt me? I love it too "Mum" ***smiles***
Have a great weekend! Hugs, Dionne

PurpleFlowerFairy said...

oooh coll! what a pretty piece. i love it!!!! hugs, debbie =)

Unknown said...

I have one just like it Colleen, except I dont have the scales, so now I know what it was originally! I had no idea!Im glad I checked your blog, and you got it at a bargain price, I paid much more, without the scales!!
Sue

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

So very pretty! I have a similar one with candles on each "pan" to balance it, but mine isn't nearly as gorgeous as yours!

Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Natasha Burns said...

This is gorgeous, just as it is! I am sure I saw one similar go on ebay for a fortune once, I think it was a popular seller. Lucky you with the bargain! You should put one of Shannon's cupcakes in each dish?