Thursday, May 24, 2007

Sam's Doing Fine

Well, the operation on our little man's foot was a huge success according to the surgeon. Thank the Lord it's all over with. He is doing well, so are his Mum & Dad. Shannon has been with him all day and I've spoken to her several times. She is very proud of her little man, who she says was very brave. Evidently he was asking questions about all the equipment right up until the time he went to sleep. That's our Sam.

We have all known that this was going to happen, but are very glad that it is finally done and the healing process can begin. It might be a rough few weeks, evidently he is NOT HAPPY about all that plaster.

When I spoke to her earlier this evening, she told me he had eaten a cheese sandwich, watched a bit of TV and was nodding off to sleep. The resilience of children amazes me. Shannon will be sleeping beside him on a cot bed, so she can be there if he needs her. Evidently there was a couple of other little mites in the same ward who were in a bit of pain and very fretful, so I don't know how much sleep her and Sam will get. Here's hoping the other littlies and their parents manage to get some sleep too.

I'm going to see them first thing tomorrow, so please send along your good wishes and I will let Shannon, Shane & Sam know that you are thinking of them.

Thank you all for caring so much.

Hugz, Coll :-}



8 comments:

PurpleFlowerFairy said...

yeah! i'm so happy all is well =) tell shannon i'm thinking about her and give sam a hug for me. hugs, debbie

Genevieve said...

Dear Little Sam, I hope that you are soon to be on the mend and get to go home soon. I do not see how any one get better in a hospital!Too much noise and interuptions.
I wish you a speedy recovery!I saw your sweet face on your Mummy's blog and hopped over to your Grand's blog to wish you well!
Best Wishes
Genevieve and my girls Isabelle and Tori-Kate

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

So glad to hear little Sam is doing well (& mom & dad, too). Please tell Shannon her blogging friend Stephanie is still saying prayers for them all!

Thanks, Coll for keeping us all informed. Now I'm going to have to add you to my fav blogs ~ I'm going to love reading yours & getting to know you better. Stop by my blog when you get a chance!

Sam ~ you are one cute kid!! Love the pic of you & your mommy! Feel better real soon, get you mommy to bake you some "real" cupcakes, & eat some cfor me, too!! :0)

Stephanie

Cherub*Kisses said...

Coll,
Hugs to all :)) Happy to hear Sam came through surgery great!! ... Get Well sweetie :))
xoxo, Dionne

FrostingsNSparkles said...

I'm so glad that everything went well!! All my best to Sam and Shann

xoxo

Colleen

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

Oh cyber hugs to sam ,hope him and smelly (stinky) the giraffe are recovering well.He is an original thats for sure adn im sure he will bounce right back,quicker than the grownups lol
Tell shannon we are thinking of them all ,i remember well the sleeping next to the bed in hospital,not fun !
Love Jullie
P.S how is her poor doggy going ?

Cape Cod Washashore said...

So glad to hear this good news! The dear little one is in our thoughts! As are his Mum and family!

Peta said...

Thanks for visiting my blog Coll :) Glad that Sam is doing well. Poor Shannon has to carry him everywhere!