Tuesday, May 1, 2007

A DILEMMA


This is my gorgeous cherub lamp base I bought from the States a while ago, been waiting for the chance to fix him up.

My young neighbour, Jason, who is a real handyman and can DO STUFF, offered to fixup/rewire any of the lamps I buy. What a sweetie. The lamp shops want $20 plus parts. Yikes!! Anyway, last night he rewired my cherub for me, but he put the bottom piece of crystal on UPSIDE DOWN. eeeek!! How do I tell him he did it wrong??? He'll have to pull the whole thing to bits again. Oh dear!! It has to be done, because I can't paint the little brass ring that is between the crystal and the marble piece, it's now too hard to get at.

Thinkin' maybe I'll buy him a few beers first as a thank-you (lol). What do you think?


Coll :-}

3 comments:

PurpleFlowerFairy said...

beer usually works - lol! i'm lovin' that lamp coll - it's GORGEOUS!!! i can not wait to see him after you've painted and shaded him =) hugs, debbie

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

Oh my god what a lovely new banner
superb i would say just superb
Jullie

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Coll, I"m loving this cherub lamp! You've got some very pretty ones! You & I have a very serious problem ~ we ARE fellow lamp-a-holics!! Isn't it fun, tho?!?!

So glad to hear Sam is doing well. Now, take care of sweet mum, too.

Stephanie