Sunday, August 26, 2007

Finally, Sunshine, Yippee!!!

Today we finally got some sunshine. This weather is insane, it rains like crazy until all my plants grow webbed feet, but it still doesn't rain where they need it most, in the country. Our farmers are still doing it very tough and that, of course, is pushing prices up on everything. But as usual, it isn't the poor ole farmer who gets the loot, it's the big chains of Supermarkets who keep getting richer and the farmers still struggle on the land. Our fresh food etc keeps going up in price and you wouldn't mind if the money went where it should. Same the world over, I suppose. Still, it stinks!

Anyhow, back to the sunshine. I worked last night and was really glad to get home today so I could get out into the garden in the sun. Had a wonderful time, pulled weeds, planted some more lavender and some primula (pink & white, of course) and gave lots of things a good feed, as well as the snails. I know, I know, they are God's creatures too, but could God ask them to please not eat my primula.

So when I finally stopped and sat in my favourite old cane chair in the sun to have a cuppa (and a chat on the phone with Shannon), I couldn't believe how beautiful the late afternoon sun looked coming through the boughs of my gorgeous flowering cherry, which is set to burst into beautiful blossom in a few weeks. I took some pics and I am amazed at how the camera picked up the light as the sun sank lower, especially in the last pic. Just like a rainbow. Moments like that, you just know there is a God.

Hugs, Coll :-}

6 comments:

Lori said...

Coll, Isn't it just kinda funny yet neat how your approaching spring and we're approaching fall? Can't wait to share pictures of our winters here!! I can almost smell the freshness of spring as I read your post! Take care, will eamil as soon as I get everything packed, theres going to be goodies for the darling Shannon in your box! Love ya, Lori

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Beautiful photos Coll! And I love your new blog look! Beautiful!
Barbara

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

Sunny shining in...how pretty.

Cherub*Kisses said...

Hi Coll,
Wow! It looks like alot has been going on this past month.
Glad Maddie is doing better (your dogs are gorgeous by the way!)
Your garden looks fabulous too!! I'm in awe of how we're on different seasonal cycles ;o)
Although, we (in Michigan) have had tons of rain too!! My grass is soo green ... I love it!! But way cooler weather is definitely on the way :o(
Alrighty, my eyelids are so very tired ... I think it's time for me to retire to bed... thanks again for visiting me & checking in ... you are a sweetheart!!
Hugs, Dionne

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful garden you have. I love gardenting too but this year has been so bad, the garden has not done at all well. There's always hope for next year!

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Yes, our God is an awesome GOD!! No doubt about it.

Are you sure you weren't a professional photographer in another life!?! :0)

Such beautiful pictures.

Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents