Saturday, August 4, 2007

Oh Dear


Ok, I have to admit I can be a bit messy at times, especially when I'm working in my computer room, but this is really getting out of hand. I know I've been busy lately, but really!! Somewhere under all that "stuff" is a sofa (I must have been going through a purple phase). Would much rather it was pink, or covered in roses - he he.

Things seem to have been arriving in this room and not getting out again, so today I am making a concerted effort to CLEAN UP THE MESS!

I only did about 4-5 weeks ago. What happens. I have spend half the morning looking for my feather duster, I'll bet it's in there somewhere.

I think I have to do something about this room, put up some shelves or something. All my old lamp shades, which I WILL do one day, have found a home in our nice clean, dry shed in the garden, but some things just can't go out there, like porcelain lamp bases.

Yep, I'm thinking shelves, I have a nice blank wall behind that sofa, so maybe I better tell John I have a job (or three) for him.

Then maybe I can actually get to sit on my sofa (need to put some pretty throws on it though) and work on my lamps.

Now I just need a nice long coffe table or something. Hmmm, wonder what's on ebay.

Have a great day/evening, wherever you are.

Hugs Coll :-}


11 comments:

Cherub*Kisses said...

Hi Coll!
You girls are the best!! I'm so happy to have made friends with you from across the miles :o) Yes, things are okay ... Summertime is always a little chaotic with the boys ... going here & there ... my car should be yellow and black (hence my taxi services daily!!) but I am looking forward to my friends birthday whoha tomorrow!! Sooo need that adult time ... I miss visiting & chatting with you ladies too! Hope all is well with you :o) Is it warmer there now? or still cold & rainy?
Hugs, Dionne

Unknown said...

Watch out Colleen, it will start looking like my verandahs !!It starts in a room, then another, and before you know it.....
Sue

The Nostalgia Fairy said...

Hi Coll,
Thanks for your comments on my blog. Just to let you know that I have added my name. I actually did it a while ago but forgot to tick the box to allow it to be seen. Had to laugh at your 'mess' and if I were to post pics of my house at the moment I think I would die of the shame of it.Lol. I call it creative chaos. Take care and get them there shelves up!
Hugs,
Sandi x

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

get crackin woman! what a mess ! ha ha i can say that cause im your daughter :)

Mwah

Wanda said...

Hey, that's a lovely mess. I think trunks make good coffee tables.

Cherub*Kisses said...

Hi Coll ;o)
Guess what???
You have been nominated you for a Nice Matters award, copy & paste pic and nominate a few others. Being Nice makes everything well... Nice.
Hugs,
Dionne

Lori said...

Coll, That looks like one heck of a fun room designed around that sofa!!! I see a white wicker chair with multifloral cushion, and shades of pink, peach or maybe yellow with the white and lavender!! oh gosh who would think someone elses sofa would get me so crazy!!! See ya, Lori P.S. have you thought of garden theme?

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Brave girl to show what I suspect we ALL have. I used to have a loveseat in our office/computer room, but mine attracted the same "Junque" to it that yours has, so out it went ~ the loveseat, I mean. Sorry to say, the junque remains! :0)

Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Kathleen Grace said...

HI Coll,
I have a cross stitch project I did once (and I will frame it if I can find it...) that says "boring women have clean houses." LOL, I looked at my house yesterday and decided the day would have to be devoted to catching up on cleaning!
Thanks for sharing the mess, we all have it, that's why the pics we post are so small!

PurpleFlowerFairy said...

love the purple sofa coll! =) hugs to ya! debbie

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

Looks like my spare room lol thats supposed to be going to be a french provincial dream guest room.
HMM im guessing no time soon.