Saturday, August 25, 2007

My pretty kitchen window


Did some re-arranging in my kitchen yesterday. I have this huge window, which looks out onto my garden, with a nice window sill, which is just perfect for putting stuff on. Pink stuff, of course. My kitchen is all blue, it's old and shabby and I just adore the French Blue. Painted by my darling Shannon when we moved in here 2 years ago. It was the most repulsive timber stained yuk you can imagine.

Anyway, I have hated the curtains since we've been here, pretty lace, but cream and just a bit either side. Very nothing.

So, through the week I had to get some other curtains out of lay-by (will post them when they are up), so I shouted myself some new ones for the kitchen.

What a difference. Gives it a whole fresh new look, I get more light in, as it's on the shady side of the house, and I can see all of my garden, even if it does look a bit dreary at the moment, rain, no sun forever, and just about at the end of winter.

Not only that, now I have lots of stuff on the window sill too.

Could probably get more on there maybe - lol. I "need" some more pretty salt & pepper shakers. I now have 3 sets around the kitchen, is that a collection starting?

Ok, gotta go, working this weekend. Taking my guys from work out for a drive in the country for afternoon tea today and I get to pick up some pretty purchases from ebay at the same time. Pretty good eh.

Hugs, Coll :-}


8 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks so pretty Colleen, especially for spring! Salt and pepper shakers hey!!!Yes definitely a collection happening!!
Sue

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

I beat you woman, i have 4 and a half sets of salt and pepper shakers (see a certain cat named Bruce for an explanation on the 'half'). and NO you cant put them on your window sill thanks very much!
But what a lovely paint job...hee hee. Hope you paid that girl lots ...he hee again.

Your window does look very pretty Mummy xxoo

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Oh such a pretty kitchen window! Would love to see more of your lovely kitchen!
Great color too (good job, Shannon! :)

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Such a pretty kitchen window. Love the laciness of it all. Would almost make me want to wash dishes, ALMOST!! :0)

Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Alison Gibbs said...

There's method in your madness taking the guys out for afternoon tea, great way to pick up your pretties. Your kitchen window looks cute. How nice for you to be able to look out at your garden while doing dreary dishes.
Alison

Alison Gibbs said...

I think you need to fix your settings (formatting) as I did my post (above)at 10.37pm. Wish it was 5.37am then I would have an extra day to play with.
Alison

Lori said...

Coll, My sweet, planning on shipping you package on Tuesday! I have had a terrible time with the candy part of our swap, hope you won't be disappointed! It seems candy here is so boring compared to Austral. My son and I went on the inernet to se what lollies were! yep I was imbarassed to ask you! And seen what they were on ebay, also wondered what the heck was musk flavored!! We found out! So wish I could have found some! Aren't they like long pieces of licorace(spl.)? And musk flavor is pink? Now you've got me curious??? Well gonna run! I will say I have fun with your swap things!! Love, Lori P.S. Except the actual candy!! You'll See!!!

Lori said...

O.K. it appears I think faster then I type! That comment/note looked like I was drinking some!! Lori