Saturday, August 18, 2007

Garage Sale-ing & To-die-for Mountain Homes



Iwoke up early this morning and it was so nice and sunny, I decided I may as well get up, have a cuppa with DH before he went to work and then toddle off up into the Mountains and go Garage Sale-ing. Lots of beautiful old homes up higher, gorgeous gardens. Even in winter they still look wonderful, a bit like England really. So I did a bit of driving around and sighing enviously as well - lol. You've gotta love the pink house. The other is called Maple Lodge. Sorry the pics aren't great, they're out of a local real estate book. I, of course, forgot my camera this morning. As you do.

So I got to the garage sales finally. I have no idea why we call them that, very odd. I think in the States they're Yard Sales, aren't they? Anyway. I got some great bargains. Lovely old & very heavy flower shaped mirror with a bevelled edge $10, (she wanted $20), which I will probably shabby up and keep, just gorgeous gilt mirror $10, Depression Glass Dresser Set $10 (bit much but I couldn't resist it), Woods Ivory Ware Sweet Set $5, Tole Lamp $5 (wanted $10), this will also get a paint job and probably the shade recovered, and the sweetest little porcelain roses, which I am definately keeping. So I was very happy with my finds this morning.

After having such a good time at the garage sales, I had to go to K-Mart to buy a new keyboard for my computer, since mine decided that the b & n wouldn't work, very awkward, because I couldn't sign in to anything.

Ok, so I get home, put my treasures away and get set to install the new keyboard. So now, of course, the rotten thing decides to work agan. You get that, eh.

Well, at least I will have one here should the thing decide to go off the rails again.

Now I'm off to make a cuppa, the weather has turned lousy again, so I think I'll sit down and do some more envious sighing over that real estate book. Maybe we could buy the pink house, it's only $895,000. (C'mon Shann, we could ALL live in it, it's got 5 bedrooms-lol).

Hugs Coll :-}


9 comments:

Sweet Remembrance said...

You found some treasures indeed!
Good for you...Enjoy!

Wanda said...

Treasures, indeed! I'll take the little lamp...I love little lamps!

Peta said...

Hi Coll, I love the things you found, especially the mirrors. I think they are called garage sales because people usually have them in their garages?

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Pretty things!
Over here, they are called "garage sales" when they are held in people's garages, and "yard sales" for those that don't have a garage or just choose to have them in their yards instead. I often just refer to them all as "yard sales"!
Thanks for the comments on my linen post, I can relate to having quite a collection of linens myself! I LOVE them (as you could see)!!
:)

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Hi Coll! Sounds like you had a wonderful day! You found some great items too! Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting on my little grandson! You are right, they are just so precious! I love every second with my little grandchildren!
Barbara

Lori said...

Hey there! You found some goodies! Well listen here I have been doing some hunting here for You!!! I imagine by next Monday at the Very latest I;ll be shipping your way!! Wonder how long it takes??? I have to tell you one more thing!! You daughter is one the the most wonderful Mom's and wonderful young woman! I just love her to pieces!! See you soon, I wish!! Lori

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

What beautiful treasures you found, Coll! I especially love those mirrors! :o)

Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Kathleen Grace said...

What great finds! I love the scrolly godl mirror and the lamp. So funny to read that you went to K-Mart, I never think of them being in such a faraway place as Australia! Guess they are everywhere! Just one more example of how even people who live far from each other in different continents have the same experiences:>)

PurpleFlowerFairy said...

hey coll, i haven't "lurked" around in a bit, so i thought i'd stop by... love, love, love the pic's of all your girls, what pretties they all are =) and boy can you garage sale!!! i wish i could get people to come down on their prices like that. i really need to work on that. oh, and so glad to hear your maddie is doing o.k. i know the feelin'. our kelsey is 17, she's just like one of the family. huge hugs! debbie