Thursday, August 30, 2007

Sunny days, flowers, and butterflies



Today was absolutely the most gorgeous sunny day, not that I saw much of it. I was catching up on housework and taking pics for ebay, so mid afternoon I took my shadow, Maddie, around the garden for a walk with a cup of coffee (just me, not the dog, she's giving up caffeine). I took my camera with me, that's getting to be a bit of a habit now, never used to be. Finally sat myself down on our very shabby old garden seat in the back corner of the garden. We have some gorgeous African Daisies & an Abelia hiding a little compost heap up there. It's very sunny right up until the sun dips really low.
This is my mini camellia I planted last year, "Fairy Wand". Just falling over with flowers.



This is some gorgeous Iris, which haven't flowered the two years we've been here, but decided to this year. I think they like the drought. There's some lovely forget-me-nots sprinkled in there too. There's millions of them coming up in the garden, they seed like crazy.


A pair of butterflies, just the regular old Copper Browns, fluttered in amongst the daisies. Those daisies must be really sweet, because they kept coming back. Not only that, I lost count of the times one of them flew around me, across me and even alighted on the seat next to me several times, long enough for me to take a couple of pics. I've heard that it's really good luck if a butterfly flies in your Aura, so I must be the luckiest gal in town right now!


I still can't believe he/she stayed put long enough, I'm sure it knew I had a camera - lol. Anyhow, it is now an internationally travelled butterfly, in it's too short life, courtesy of blogger.
Hugs, Coll :-}












3 comments:

Alison Gibbs said...

Love the garden photos Coll. Spring is certainly in the air. One day to go and it will officially be Spring.
Alison

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

I think twas me who told you about the butterflies and your aura.....hmmm theres always a reason too......

xxoo

Bertie said...

I really enjoyed our walk in your garden. Thanks for taking me along!

AND, thanks for visiting my blog today. I agree with you completely!

Bertie
Aunt May's Cottage