Thursday, August 9, 2007

Maddie's doing fine


Thank you so much to the gals who said a prayer for my Maddie dog. Love you all.

We did the rush to the Vet today and thank the Lord my little Maddie is ok. Isn't it ridiculous how we are about our pets, but I have always had a dog in my life and I guess I have always been soppy about them. They are part of the family, after all.

She evidently has got really bad teeth like most older dogs, we knew that, because she is getting on in years, but some of the back ones are so bad that they have caused a bad infection to spread to her sinus passages and she is in a lot of pain, but she is now on antibiotics & pain killers. They want to do surgery, but there is a big risk because she is old and also has a heart murmur, so I don't know. More prayers.

However, she had enough energy in her to terrorise Shannon's poor cats when we called in on the way home. Shannon is as bad as I am about her pets and insisted that we stop by before going home. Maddie walked in and cats went in all directions! And she looks like such an angel -NOT!

Hugs, Coll :-}


9 comments:

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

So glad Maddie is better, Coll. She looks like such a love in that pic all curled up with her sweet little paws placed just so!

Take care!
Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

I'm so glad Maddie is ok!
What a sweetie!
(Thank you for the kind words you left on my blog about our Boomer)
:)

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

Oh so glad she s a bit better coll shan told me she was sick.You are not soppy she is family ,well face it nicer than some family lol
She is a sweetie.
Hugs
Jullie

Wanda said...

She looks precious. Yes, we did say prayers, and I know she's going to be good.
Love and Hugs

Alison Gibbs said...

Glad to read your little old doggy is fine. Like kids they look so sweet and innocent when they are asleep.

Peta said...

Glad to hear that Maddie is feeling better :)

Kathleen Grace said...

I am glad that Maddie is doing better! Our animals have us by the heart don't they?

Lori said...

Coll, Yippeee!!! Your my partner! Give me a email, it's on my blog. Se you Soon, Lori

OhSoVintage said...

Maddie looks adorable in her basket. So sorry she has been poorly but glad she's on the mend. Thanks for visiting my blog.
Ruth, OSV