Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Most of the mess is still there

Well, I'm afraid to say that the computer/work room mess isn't much improved, but I did move it around a lot - lol. Suddenly it all seemed a bit much, and as we were having visitors come for a roast lunch the following day, I thought I REALLY should concentrate on the rest of the house, so I got stuck into the Lounge Room and boy, did that take a while. At one stage I thought I would never find my way out again.

Although I did read somewhere once that people who go from room-to-room and have stuff everywhere while they are spring cleaning, are actually more organised and get more done than people who do one room at a time. It's true, I swear. Anyway, that's how I work, and it did come together eventually, but lots of things are now residing in a new spot. That way, when I buy something new, I can just tell John (if he finds it) that I've had it for ages, I just moved it and he hadn't noticed it before. Sneaky eh.

Anyhow, our best friends came for lunch, we ate (and drank) too much, but had a great time. John even washed up after they had gone home. Well, I did cook, didn't I. One day that new dishwasher in the box in the laundry will actually get into the kitchen.



Thank you sooo much to sweet Dionne @ Cherub Kisses for awarding me the "Nice Matters" award. There are so many lovely ladies in blogland, I really appreciate it. You are so sweet. There are some other lovely gals who deserve this award too, so I nominate Sue @ Junkit Junction, Wanda @ Brushstrokes from the Heart, Lori @ Pink Faded Roses and my dear friend Debbie @ Purple Flower Fairy, even though she doesn't blog just now, I hope she will come back soon.
Take a bow ladies and accept your award and also give it to some other lovely ladies who deserve it.

Hugs, Coll :-}






7 comments:

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

Hey Mummy,
I nominated you too :)
But now you have to come by my blog and sign up for my awesome SWAP.

c'mon!!!!!!!

xxoo

Wanda said...

Dear Coll....How very sweet to be noninated for your award. I love coming to your blog....You are a daily visit for sure!!
Love and Hugs from the "Brush Lady"

Ragged Roses said...

Congrats on the award! I clean my house like that too - stuff everywhere while I blitz it, have to do it all at the same time. There is method in the madness!
Kim x

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Hi Coll! You are very deserving of this special honor. You are a real sweetheart & you raised a real sweetheart, too! I just love you & Shann both. I'm on my way to visit her right now & see what all her swap is about!!

Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

PurpleFlowerFairy said...

thanks coll! what a surprise to find my name here... i had a really pissy day today and this just made me smile =) i miss you!!! hugs, debbie

Lori said...

Oh my sweet how kind of you! I always wanted to recieve an award cause I never give myself credit! But I feel bad cause I didn't know how many people I have touched and didn't add them to my list! Your such a kind and positive influence to me please forgive me for leaving you out! Love, Lori

Unknown said...

Well this is a 'nice' surprise, and I thankyou for thinking of me!!
Sue